Sunday, August 4, 2013

Like Butter

Sorry for the long delay, but I'm back. 2011 film by Jim Field Smith.

Trailer time:


Yes, butter sculpting. Is this a real thing? A young black girl in foster care is interested in trying this thing. Ty Burrell is the undisputed king. He is told it is time to step down. His wife, played by Jennifer Garner, has delusions of his fame transitioning them into a political bid. She doesn't like the idea of him moving into a judging position. They have an argument and he sleeps with a stripper. Garner decides that she is going to compete so that the fame stays in her family.

The acting jobs are all pretty good. Ty Burrell is under utilized here. I love this guy, and he doesn't get enough lines. Jennifer Garner comes across as a succubus of epic South Park style. You know, nobody is taking this too seriously, which is the right way to proceed. Olivia Wilde is great. When she says, "I'm about to take a shit on the hood of your car!" I just couldn't stop laughing. Hugh Jackman is good, too.

It is funny what people do in this country for a hobby. The movie also begs a good question about what we consider art. And, well yes, it is real:


Movie gets *** 3 stars.

I'll be back with more soon. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment